Sunday, September 23, 2007

For my third meaning of life interview I questioned my Mom, Gerri, on the meaning of life. While I do not have a hard copy of how that conversation went, these were her answers:

Cole: So, what do you think the meaning of life is?

Gerri: *sighs* What a stupid question. Well, there really isn't a meaning of life, the idea of a meaning of life is just something humans created, when really life doesn't have any meaning.

Cole: Okay, how about I rephrase the question. What do you think gives life meaning?

Gerri: Well nothing gives life meaning.

Cole: So why not just kill yourself?

Gerri: Because all humans have an instinct to survive. Its biology. We live to survive, to reproduce, and to further the evolution of human beings. That's the meaning of life in my opinion, its to survive and reproduce.

No comments: